What is the Process?
- Below is a snippet of how all of this works. Of course there are details and more information.
- As we go through this we will let you know before we reach each step what to expect.
- Once you have found your home, the entire process will take approximately 30 – 40 days depending on your loan type.
- We will help you get pre-approved with a lender. We must know how much money they will loan you. It doesn’t matter what price or payment you want. It matters how much they will loan.
- Do not use an online or out of state lender!
- We will help you in choosing a lender.
- We will need a pre-approval letter from the lender.
- We will sit down together (or Zoom) and go over what to expect, money, time frames, etc.
- Let us know what you are looking for and where you want to live.
- We will start sending you available homes through email based on the criteria you have given her. You can also register on this site and set up your own search criteria to receive listings!
- When you find a home you want to see, we will set up an appointment with the seller to go look at it.
- When you decide on the home you want, we will prepare all of the paperwork and send to the seller.
- When the offer is accepted, you will pay earnest money. (The amounts vary.)
- We will also order inspections.
- We will work out all inspection repairs with the seller.
- The appraisal is ordered once the inspection contingency is removed.
- You will need to make sure you have given the lender ALL items they have requested from you in order to approve your loan.
- Your loan will go to “underwriting”. In most cases the underwriter will need more documents. Be prepared to provide what is needed quickly.
- After loan approval, we will set up walking through the home one more time before closing.
- We will set up the closing.
- Once your lender pays the seller after closing, you will receive the keys. You are now a HOMEOWNER!